The National Catalog Managers Association
(NCMA) presented the Catalog Excellence Awards to the best examples of automotive cataloging in multiple media at the recent 40th Annual Knowledge Exchange conference, held earlier this month in St. Louis.
NCMA judges reviewed dozens of submissions from aftermarket suppliers to arrive at the most deserving examples of print, Web catalog and mobile catalog applications. Below are this year's winners.
Winners for paper catalogs:
· Bronze Level Award WAI for Wiper Motors
· Silver Level Award Gates Corp. for Fleet and Heavy-Duty Applications
· Gold Level Award Motorcar Parts of America for PureEnergy Starters and Alternators
Winners for Web catalog:
· Bronze Level Award Gabriel for Heavy-Duty E-Catalog
· Silver Level Award K&N Engineering for KNFilters.com
· Gold Level Awards goes to Airtex for FuelPumpU.com
Winners for mobile catalog applications:
· Bronze Level Award K&N Engineering for KNFilters.com/mobile
· Silver Level Award Robert Bosch for Bosch Finder App
· Gold Level Award Dayco Products for VIN-Scanner App
An added tradition at the NCMA conference is for leading automotive data receivers to recognize the best of their suppliers in providing high-quality, timely and accurate electronic catalog and product information. Wholesale and retail chains, e-tailers and electronic catalog companies evaluated hundreds of electronic content suppliers and the 2013 Electronic Data Excellence award winners were:
· Advance Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Perfection Hy-Test
· AutoZone presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Lund Industries
· CARQUEST presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Gates Corp.
· Epicor Software presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to K&N Engineering
· NAPA Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to NAPA Belts & Hose/Gates Corp.
· O’Reilly Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Gates Corp.
· U.S. Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to K&N Engineering
· WHI Solutions presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to WIX Filtration
“NCMA members work hard all year long to produce the application and product data that fuels the aftermarket engine,” said NCMA President Brian Griffin of Centric Parts. “It’s always a highlight of the conference when we can recognize the very best examples of this work in print and electronic form. The demands on content professionals to be creative and do more with less are greater than ever, and the NCMA members are the best examples of the profession.”
The 40th anniversary NCMA Knowledge Exchange conference was held on April 20-23 in St. Louis, Mo. The organization is a membership segment of the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) and is the only professional society devoted exclusively to the interests and educational needs of automotive catalog and product content professionals. To view photos from this year's event, CLICK HERE
The 41st annual Knowledge Exchange conference is scheduled for May 4-7, 2014, at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort in Phoenix, Ariz.