Five students have been selected as recipients of scholarships from the Larry W. McCurdy Memorial Scholarship Fund, established by Affinia Group Inc. within the University of the Aftermarket Foundation to honor McCurdy, chairman of the board of Affinia Group Inc., who passed away in August 2010.
The Larry W. McCurdy Memorial Scholarship Fund awarded five $1,500 scholarships to students in four-year programs preparing for aftermarket careers in engineering, business, accounting or other professional positions. The recipients for the 2016-’17 academic year are:
- Ellen Donabedian, Troy, Michigan, attending Michigan State University, supply chain management and Spanish
- Ryan Hack, Sedalia, Colorado, attending Colorado State University, mechanical engineering
- Zachary Jones, Sheridan, Arizona, attending University of Arkansas at Little Rock, marketing
- Alyson Lippincott, San Antonio, attending Texas A&M University, business-accounting
- Ben Segal, Bow, New Hampshire, studying business and mathematics
Additional scholarship funding comes from industry contributions provided by individuals, companies and foundations. Contributions can be made to the UAF Scholarship Fund, University of the Aftermarket Foundation, c/o Julie Brehm, Auto Care Association, 7101 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 1300, Bethesda, MD 20814, 240-333-1046. Please designate any contribution to be restricted for scholarships. UAF is a 501c (3) organization.